The curriculum of the Corporate Training programs of ALS, is exclusively designed for Saudi Arabian clients undertaking a structured and intensive corporate training program. Clients attend class for two (2) hours per day; three (3), four (4), five (5) days per week. Corporate clients choose from any of the following options:
OPTION A: 60 classroom sessions totaling 5 days/week at 120 hours for 12 weeks = 3 months
OPTION B: 30 classroom sessions totaling 5 days/week at 60 hours for 6 weeks = 1 1/2 months
OPTION C: 20 classroom sessions totaling 5 days/week at 40 hours for 4 weeks = 1 month
Each of the above options consists of two hours of grammar, listening, speaking, writing, and reading. Approximately one hour of homework is assigned after each class session.
Each and every student is tested at registration and is placed in one of five levels corresponding to a study skill area:
- LEVEL 1 (Beginning)
- LEVEL 2 (Low Intermediate)
- LEVEL 3 (Intermediate)
- LEVEL 4 (Advanced)
- LEVEL 5 (Corporate Preparation)
The emphasis in Levels, 1, 2 and 3 is on listening, speaking, reading and writing, using all major grammatical forms. Participants who complete Level 3 are able:
- To understand speech with minimal repetition, to participate with confidence in most business conversations and to carry forward an oral presentation on a topic of general interest.
- To skim, scan, read and discuss general expository texts, with increasing ability to guess word meanings from context.
- To write with clarity and with a minimum of errors, showing a basic understanding of the relationship between the topic sentence of a paragraph and the theme of the composition.
In Level 4, the students learn:
- To take notes, to discuss familiar topics without preparation, and to present an oral report on a researched topic.
- To read, summarize and discuss complex material on a variety of subjects, with developed ability in analysis of form and content, including the author’s point of view.
- To write descriptive and expository compositions with coherence, style and continuity, using complex sentences with progressive ease and comfort.
- Viewing the Cable News Network (CNN) / ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, & FOX News Channels
- Telephone, fax, answering machine, message giving and taking practice exercises
- Role playing different types of corporate meetings – On/Off site
- Making individual, collective, and audio/visual presentations via teleconferencing / videography
- The Real Deal / Negotiating Business Deliverables
- The opportunity to practice and consolidate informal conversations which help to open and close sound business deals and relationships